Imagine this scenario: You have been eyeing that mysteriously handsome guy who just moved into your neighborhood about a week ago and finally he asked you out. You were feeling over the moon, but then a dubious thought crept into your mind: will you be able to keep the guy interested in you? After all, keeping your guy attracted to you even after a couple of meetings is a tough task with all the competition out there.
In this article, we have compiled some valuable tips on how to keep him interested. Use these tips in your relationship and we are sure you won’t be disappointed. In fact, you will gradually find that your guy will become more and more restless for you. And if you don’t live close to each other, don’t forget to read the last part of the article that has tips on maintaining a long distance relationship with your guy.
We know you are eager and so are we. Let’s start with our credible tips on how to keep him interested.
1. Girl, You Need to Look Sexy
Forget everything that romantic comedies have been injecting into your head for so long and read this tip carefully. First impressions do matter, and if you fail to attract him with your killer looks, you can as well forget about getting that first romantic date. You must learn how to make him want you with your sizzling appearance. We have come armed with tips so don’t you worry. Here we go:
- Take Care of Your Skin: No matter what your skin type is, a simple cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine is sure to take care of all your skincare woes. If you are acne-prone, alter your diet and take proper medication.
- Don’t Forget to Groom Yourself: The major turn offs in a man are overgrown toenails and body odor. Usually, women abhor men who don’t take care of their hygiene. Similarly, when men find girls who don’t wax their body hair and thread their eyebrows, they instantly assign them the tag of a sister. Save yourself the embarrassment, apply deodorant and book a trip to the nearest parlor.
- Smile: Apparently, boys are not the perverts you thought them to be. The first thing that boys notice in a girl is her smile. Make sure you apply some fruity lip balm and shower him with a dazzling smile when you meet him for the first time.
- Makeup is an Art: Your beauty is nature’s gift to you. You can use makeup to highlight your best features while concealing your flaws and imperfections. If you hate putting on makeup, a dab of lipstick and some mascara will do the magic.
2. Make All His Fantasies Come Alive
No matter how serious your guy is in his professional life, he definitely has a childish side. Most of the guys are embarrassed to express their fantasies in front of their friends and even their family.
If you want to know the answer to how to keep him hooked, you should manage to figure out his fantasies and make them true. In this section, we have decoded the most common fantasies of men so that you don’t have to be wondering how to start out in your mission to entice him. Keep reading to find out what they are.
- The Power Trip: Allow your guy to torture, tease, tickle and whip your body and you might just experience heights of pleasure you never knew even existed.
- Keep Him Addicted: Ever wondered why men watch porn even if they have a partner to have sex with whenever they want to? This is because most men love to gaze upon a naked body. If you think your guy is addicted to porn, make him addicted to your instead. Indulge in frequent sex sessions with him.
- The Dressing Game: You must have felt sexually attracted to “Captain Jack Sparrow” without any apparent reason whatsoever. Similarly, boys have also been harboring sexual fantasies for characters like Princess Leia or Hermione Granger. Just buy yourself a costume, learn some magic spells and you are good to go.
3. Entice Your Guy with Your Sexy Moves
Your man might be a nerd who would rather spend his evenings reading books at the library and then go to watch a football match with his mates. However, his manly hobbies won’t stop him from unleashing his alpha male side with his attractive partner.
Every man wants to experience the thrill of a sexy night with a gorgeous partner. The secret behind how to keep him interested in the initial stages of your relationship is by keeping him engage with your sexual moves every other night.
When your guy dreams of you and your love-making episodes, he will work hard to secure your presence in his life. He would be ready to go to the end of the world to be your lover. Check out these tips so that he ends up pursuing you until you.
- Hone Your Flirting Skills: Touch him on his shoulder strategically every now and then. Dig your nails on his forearm while getting up. Or, lock your eyes across a room. All these powerful tips will make you irresistible to him.
- Don’t Take the Lead: Yes, you read that right. It is necessary to be flirtatious in your relationship with him, but don’t take the lead in the relationship. This will give him the impression that you are truly crazy about him. Your femininity will do the rest for you.
- Reveal Yourself In Layers: No, we aren’t talking about your clothes, though that might work too. Don’t give him too much personal information at the outset as it will give him the idea that there’s nothing more that he needs to know about you. Withhold some aspects of your character so that there is still mystery and suspense left in your relationship.
- Don’t Call Him First: We would tell you how to keep him interested over text later on, but first you should learn never to call him first. It makes you seem desperate and takes away his impetus to pursue you.
4. How to Keep Him Interested 101: Don’t Shy Away From Making New Friends
Similar to girls, men also organize boys’ night out occasionally so that they can huddle together, discuss their love partners and seek approval from their friends. Attempt to be social with his friends. When he sees that you are compatible with his friends, he will fall head over heels in love with you.
If you are a bit nervous to be friends with your guy’s friends, check these tips:
- Relax and smile. Allow yourself to enjoy the company of your man’s best friends. For example, if you are all going out for dancing, mingle with them instead of sitting on the sidelines.
- Look Friendly: Even if you feel shy on the inside, show a friendly exterior.
- Practice Listening: Know how to be interested in what others have to say. Listen to them patiently.
- Invite them Over: Invite the gang over to your place. You could also suggest a small group atmosphere at a beautiful location.
5. The Text Business: Keeping him interested When You Are Not Together
In this digital age, relationships are made and broken through texting so it becomes imperative for you to know how to keep him interested when texting. It is vital to recognize that texting is not a tool which can cement the foundation of your relationship. It can also act as a nuclear bomb which will embarrass you in ways you never thought was even possible.
How do you know whether you are texting too much at the risk of appearing clingy or whether your texting style makes you seem haughty and aloof? We are here to sort out the intricacies of texting guys for you.
Here are some tips which will make you a pro at texting guys. Read on.
- Less Is Always More: Most guys love to communicate via texts, but there is always a line you should draw if you want to secure a healthy relationship with him. Rather than asking him ‘What are you doing?’ every half an hour, leave sweet, flirty messages like ‘I can’t wait to see you tonight.’ The former kind of messages would make responding seem like a chore while the latter kind would instantly brighten up your man’s day.
- Don’t Text for the Sake of It: It might be necessary to stay connected with your man but texting him mundane details of your life would probably do more harm than good. Refrain from texting him things like ‘The lunch at our cafeteria is so bland today’ and stick to sharing simple, yet interesting events which will keep him hooked such as, ‘I just bought new lingerie. Wondering when I should wear it?”
- Don’t Rant: Having someone special in your lives is all about sharing your struggles and difficulties with them without the fear of being judged for it. But, you should reserve those talks for when you meet up rather than bombarding him with nagging texts throughout the day. Do you want him to groan when you can make him smile instead?
- Respect The Time and Place: Did you know that keeping him interested is all about texting the right thing at the right time? Are you looking to have deep conversations through texting? Assign a time when both of you will be free with ample time to reflect on your hands.
6. Get Intimate with His Brain Before His Body
You might be dreaming to be in your guy’s arms day and night, but it is imperative that you keep patience if you want to win him for the lifetime.
Remember: Physical attraction fizzles out eventually if you don’t back it up with a strong emotional bond. If you are thinking how to keep him coming back for more after you have had a steaming love making session in the bedroom, try out the following:
- Know his dreams and ambitions. Make the effort to get to know about all the things he is passionate about. Try to be a part of his interests thereafter. This works both ways: Tell him all about your dreams and ambitions.
- Be clear about your priorities from the first day. Make sure his aspirations align with yours. This is the only way on how to keep him interested after the first date.
- Laugh at his wittiness: Try to appreciate his kind of humor and laugh at his jokes. Don’t just keep a blank face when he’s trying his best to please you.
- Have the courage to point out his mistakes. Rather than being reproachful, try to be understanding.
7. Who Said Boys Didn’t Need Appreciation?
Let’s face it: Life brings you down, and usually there is no helping hand to pick you up whether you are a girl or a boy. Boys have a lower emotional threshold than girls. They tend to break down easily even though they might be physically stronger than us. They often show their disagreement and anger through aggression and cold behavior.
Give your man a pat on the back and let him know that you appreciate all the hard work and dedication he puts in your relationship while balancing his work commitments. Don’t be surprised if a romantic dinner invitation awaits you at the end of the night.
8. How to Keep Him Interested In a Long Distance Relationship?
Most people put on their running shoes as soon as they hear the phrase “long term relationship,” but it doesn’t have to be hard if you have your heart in the right place.
Be considerate, faithful, understanding. Follow these rules if you wish to keep your long distance boyfriend interested in you:
- Plan a date night through a video call. Light some candles to set up the ambience and pour your heart out while having dinner.
- Watch movies and play games at the same time so that you feel connected, even though you are miles apart.
- Don’t go to bed angry. Sort out your issues beforehand so that you don’t feel alone when you fall asleep.
- Save your monthly salary and plan surprise visits.
- Though texts help you out in the communication sector, don’t underestimate the power of a heartfelt letter. Add some thoughtful gifts to the letter and soon you your guy will reciprocate your endearing gesture.
9. Stomp on the Brakes: Why You Don’t Want to Go Too Fast
Chant the word, “patience,” to yourself every time you think of doing something impulsive and crazy in your relationship. Don’t get this wrong: an occasional adrenaline rush spices things up, but rushing the process in order to know that someone special would be counterproductive. The fact that you don’t have a couple routine and that you don’t spend all your time together might freak you out a bit.
Resist the urge to plan elaborate couple activities regularly and give your man some space. It will make your time together feel special and treasured.
10. Keep Him on His Toes with the Right Questions
It’s myth busting time. Men feel just as nervous as women do when they set out to date someone. Society has taught girls to be all shy and docile. Therefore, they usually leave the burden of carrying forth the conversation on the shoulders of their sturdy better halves.
Asking bold and direct questions will help you make a flowing conversation starter. Besides, it will also help you gauge his true intentions with regards to your relationship. Here are some questions which you may ask your man during a date:
- “Will we be seeing each other again?”
- “How long did your previous relationship last? Why did it end?”
- “Are you ready for a long term commitment?”
- “What do you want to do in life? Why is it so vital to you?”
11. Love Yourself More Than You Love a Man
Exude confidence. Be driven to achieve your personal goals before you set out to have relationship goals with your boyfriend. How can you expect him to treat you right when you yourself lack self-confidence? Don’t give the vibes of a person who lacks self-assurance and poise? Stand up for yourself and only then will you find true love.
- List every quality you love about yourself and every good thing you’ve done.
- Treat yourself with compassion and love when you make some mistakes.
- Be in love with yourself. When you are alone, paint, go to movies, sing, cry, laugh, run, sit quietly and sleep. Notice how your body and soul feel.
- Tell yourself how beautiful you are, that there is no one else you would rather be.
12. Don’t Leave Him Second Guessing: Tell Him How You Feel
Men love girls who have the guts to come out of their shell and say exactly what they are feeling at any given moment. If he makes you feel safe and loved, what’s the harm in letting him know?
Communication is the key factor in making any relationship last. You should learn how to articulate your feelings in order to avoid misrepresentation or confusion.
13. Have You Packed Your Emergency Kit for the Tough Times?
Once the first few weeks of your relationship are over, you might realize that your man has some serious flaws. Even the most understanding and supportive girlfriend wants to throw up her hands in despair sometimes. But, that’s when the real work begins.
He might be getting on your nerves, and breaking up might seems like the easiest way out of this mess. However, it is vital that you take careful decisions. Think: How would you feel like if he ditched you every time you had one of your mood swings? So, don’t be in haste.
Are you wondering how to keep him interested in a relationship that is messy? Check these tips to brave the occasional storms:
- Be on the lookout for moments when he reverts back to his old self.
- Ask him if there is anything bothering him at work.
- Hold on to the memories of the happy times in the past.
- Realize that men are not in the mood to have sex every night. It has nothing to do with you.
14. Try New Experiences: Be an Adrenaline Junkie
When they said, “Variety is the spice of life,” they weren’t lying. Show him that it gives you pleasure to try out new things with him. It can be anything such as:
- Going to a new restaurant to try out a new cuisine.
- Visiting a monument.
- Trying bungee jumping.
- Learning to scuba dive.
- An impulsive trip to some beautiful island.
Try adventurous activities and keep that spark alive.
15. Keep Things Hot and Sexy
Keep your relationship sexy and steamy by keeping the romance alive. Indulge in some public display of affection in order to keep your man attracted to you always. Here are a few tips:
- Kiss him passionately in the secluded parking spot where there is always a risk of getting caught.
- Pull his hair when he least expects you to do so.
- Ditch your matronly nighties for some sexy lacy lingerie and turn the heat on.
These tips will help you on your journey to decode the mystery behind how to keep him interested. While working hard to make him yours, don’t forget to retain those little characteristic quirks which makes you who you are. Share this valuable advice with your other girlfriends, too.