Calista Flockhart, of Ally McBeal fame, said, “I do wish my breasts were bigger. Not big; but less small.”Now, is that too much to ask?
Although many women are asking the same, unfortunately, the replies are not helping. On one corner, you have breast implants, an expensive and risky surgical option. On the other corner, you have unscrupulous breast enhancing cream marketers who prey on a woman’s insecurities, make false claims and take their money for nothing.
There is a ray of hope. If you go about it smartly, you can definitely find the right breast enhancement cream for you. This comprehensive article will take you through the essential aspects of buying a breast enlargement cream. After reading this, no one can victimize you or fool you.
Let’s begin with the basics.
A Quickie Anatomy Lesson on the Breast
The female breast extends from the bottom of the collarbone, towards the armpits, and on either side of the breastbone. The chest muscles, namely pectoralis major and pectoralis minor, form the base of the breasts.
External features of the breast include the areola and nipples; and the internal features, located underneath the skin, include lobules, ducts, fatty and connective tissues, and ligaments.
The function of each part is as follows:
- Lobules: Lobules are glands that produce milk.
- Ducts: The ducts transport the milk from the lobules to the nipple.
- Nipple: This is the part of the breast from where the milk comes out.
- Areola: The areola is the dark portion of the breasts. It contains sweat glands, which moisturizes and lubricate the breasts during breastfeeding.
- Fatty and Connective Tissues: These tissues enclose the ducts and lobules and give shape to the breast.
- Ligaments: The ligaments run through the breasts and supports the breasts. The ligament attaches itself to the skin on one end and the chest muscle on the other.
In addition to the above components, the breasts host a network of lymph vessels, blood vessels, and nerve endings.
The milk producing system of the breasts, the lobules, and ducts, are almost the same size in all women. The quantity and distribution of the fatty and connective tissues account for the wide variety in breast shape and size.
Although breast development occurs over five main stages, it is during puberty that the baseline for shape and size of your breast is set. You will learn more about the breast development phases in the next section of the article.
Phases of Breast Development
Unlike other mammals, the breasts in humans mature much before women reach childbearing age. The stages of breast development, according to the Tanner’s Scale, is as follows:
- Stage I or Preadolescent Stage: During this stage, the nipple or the papilla rises above the chest level. However, breast tissues are absent. Depending on the genetic makeup of the girl, this stage may start as early as eight years old or as late as 13 years old.
- Stage II or Breast Budding Stage: In this stage, the milk ducts and fat tissues begin to form, resulting in a slight rise around the nipples. A puffy appearance is a sign that stage II has begun.
- Stage III or Pre-Pubertal Stage: When this stage begins, the fat tissues get bigger, and begins to assume a round shape. The areola begins to darken and looks puffier than before.
- Stage IV or Pubertal Stage: In this stage, the nipple and the areola begin to project. The appearance of visible contours also marks this stage. Estrogen is the hormone responsible for the development during this phase. Estrogen signals the fat tissues to accumulate fat and grow larger. When menstruation begins, the ovaries produce the hormone progesterone, responsible for the growth of milk glands at the end of the ducts.
- Stage V or Post-Pubertal Stage: In this stage, the breasts continue to grow in size until they attain their natural size.
Many doctors consider the breasts truly developed only after a woman becomes pregnant. During the pubertal stage and during pregnancy, hormonal functions trigger growth spurts in the breasts, unlike any other stage. This point is of special relevance to us; however, you’ll learn more on that later.
Factors That Influence Natural Breast Development
Breasts come in all sorts of sizes and shapes. No two pairs on Earth are alike. In fact, each breast in a pair is different from the other.
The primary reason why there is so much variation in breast size and shape is genetics.
Your genes largely determine the shape and size of your breasts. You inherit the genes that regulate breast development from your mother, as well as your father. If your mother is a B cup, you’ll probably be a B cup as well; but there is no guarantee. You could end up with a D cup, like your paternal aunt.
Other factors that influence breast size are as follows:
- Ethnicity: People belonging to certain ethnic groups have naturally larger breasts.
- Weight: Fluctuation in weight corresponds to changes in breast size.
- Hormonal Balance: Hormones, when present in the correct proportion, execute the breast development phases as per the genetic program. However, a hormonal imbalance can cause over-development or under development.
- Age: As women age, the breast ligaments grow weaker. As a result, the ligaments can’t hold the breasts up, and the breasts begin to sag. On the contrary, young women have strong breast ligaments that support the breast well, making the breasts look larger.
- Pregnancy: This is a special case when the breasts enlarge to accommodate the lobules and ducts, which also grow larger.
Although genetics is the single biggest contributing factor, you needn’t worry about being stuck with small breasts forever, thanks to the breast enhancement cream.
What is a Breast Enlargement Cream and How Does It Work?
A breast enhancement cream is a topical cream, which you can apply on your breasts to make them grow larger. Popular breast enlargement creams are made of all natural ingredients in order to minimize any side effects.
Now let’s move on to how a breast enlargement cream works. The principle is easy to grasp.
You already know that the bulk of the breast development happens during puberty. Typically, this growth phase lasts five to 10 years. However, for some people, the growth stops much before that. For such people, the breasts don’t develop to their full potential.
This is where the cream comes in. The active ingredients in the cream recreate the conditions that existed during your puberty and trigger breast enlargement. The good news is, since you apply the cream only on the breasts, the rest of your body remains unaffected.
Bear in mind, the changes take time and you must be patient. Some people see satisfactory results within a month but some take almost a year. Before you buy any topical breast enhancing cream, you must consider some extremely important things.
Considerations before Buying a Breast Enhancement Cream
Before you buy a breast enhancement cream, make sure you follow each of the following steps:
- Obtain the complete list of ingredients in the product. The landing page for the online sales portal may contain a partial list or no list at all. Call the customer service number and get the complete list.
- Study each ingredient. Knowing the names of the ingredients is not enough. Invest time in researching the constituents.
- Carefully read the refund policy and process. Look for things like what you need to return to get payment, your order number and whether or not they have a money-back guarantee.
- Learn about the billing cycle. For instance, if you enroll for a trial, the sellers will charge you at a discounted rate, but after the trial period is over, you’ll have to pay the full price.
- Seek your doctor’s opinion. After you shortlist three or four potential creams, consult your doctor. This is especially important if you are:
- Nursing or pregnant
- Suffering from kidney and/or liver disorders
- Under blood thinning medication
- Suffer from serious digestion problems, such as stomach ulcers and diarrhea
- A regular user of over the counter or prescription drugs
- Have any skin allergies
If your doctor gives you the green light, order the product and apply the cream as per the manufacturer’s instructions. The above guidelines will keep you safe and steer you clear of any potential pitfalls.
Applying Breast Enhancement Cream the Right Way
The application process is simple, but you will have to make time for it every day. Some creams require one application per day, while other may require two applications per day. Except for the number of applications per day, the rest of the process is almost the same.
Here are the steps you must follow to get the best out of each application:
- Take a warm shower. A warm shower opens up the pores, making it easier for your skin to absorb the boob enhancement cream.
- Pat dry your body. Use a clean towel and be gentle.
- Spread a little cream on your fingertips. Don’t use too much, just enough to cover your breasts.
- Massage your breasts. Gently massage your breasts until your skin completely absorbs the skin.
- Blow-dry your breasts. This step is optional. Do this if you’re uncomfortable putting clothes on with the cream on your breasts.
Repeat the process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you do any breast enhancement exercises, we recommend that you do the exercises before using the cream.
A word of caution, applying more cream, more frequently will not expedite the results. Stick to the frequency and dose according to the manufacturer.
Practicing the Proper Massaging Technique
Massaging your breasts properly improves the blood circulation in your breasts. This makes it easier for your body to absorb the cream. While massaging the cream on your breasts, follow the instructions below for optimal results:
- Apply the right amount of pressure while massaging. You have to develop a feel for the right pressure. One way to do this is to press until you feel a dull pain and then massage your breasts with a little less pressure.
- Massage the breasts in a steady circular rhythm. Do this as if you’re molding a lump of clay.
- You can massage both your breasts simultaneously. Or, you can support one breast with one hand while you massage the other breast with your other hand.
- Do not rush the process. Make sure you allocate enough time to massage properly.
- Work up slowly. If you find that massaging your breasts for 15 minutes is difficult, start massaging for five minutes, and then increase the time by a minute every two or three days until you can massage for 15 minutes.
Tips and Strategies to Make Using Your Breast Cream Easier
If you’ve made up your mind and are determined to use breast enhancement creams, then you should know that you’re in it for the long haul. For the next six to 10 months, you will have to make time every day to apply the cream. So, here are a few pointers that will help you along the way.
- Same Time: Always apply the cream at the same time every day. Once you do this for two to three weeks, it will become second nature, like brushing your teeth.
- Same Place: Keep everything you need to apply the cream in one place. This way, you won’t have to run around looking for things when it’s time to use the cream.
- Set Alarms: It’s best that you take the burden of remembering off your head. Make the smartphone do that for you.
- Stack Habit: Stacking habits means performing a new habit immediately before or after an old habit. For instance, if you already have a habit of taking a bath every night, then you can stack a new habit after it. In this case, the new habit is applying the cream. By doing this, the old habit acts as a trigger for the new one.
- Buddy System: Request your close friend to use the cream along with you. Having a buddy keeps you on track and compare results.
- Plan in Advance: Manufacturers of top shelf breast enhancement creams sell the product online. Don’t wait for your jar to finish before ordering a new jar because you must factor in delivery time.
- Look for Offers: Companies selling breast enhancement creams online always have offers, which allow you to save hundreds of dollars. Be on a lookout for those.
- Stop Reading Reviews: After you buy the cream, surrender and commit yourself to the program. Besides, reading reviews for a product you own is pointless.
Tracking Your Results: Motivational Milestones to Keep You Going
A cream is only as good as the results it produces. That’s why you must put a result tracking system in place before you start your treatment. A good result tracking system has the following characteristics:
- Your Goal: Your target cup size and bust line measurement.
- Time and Date: Keep track of each time you used the cream, the date and how long you massaged it into your breasts.
- Captures Multiple Metrics: For instance, measurement in inches and cup size.
- Makes Specific Observations: For example, noting the intensity of any changes you feel in the chest region, such as pain, soreness, and tenderness.
- Journals Emotions: Most people don’t talk about using a cream until they obtain satisfactory results. For them, a journal is an amazing place to share their feelings.
- Written Regularly: The usefulness of a journal becomes visible two to three weeks after you start. Even if you don’t have anything to write, force yourself to find at least a couple of words.
- Has Pictures: You need a visual reference to gauge periodic changes.
- Your Weight: You must track weight, so that you don’t confuse weight loss or gain as signs of the creams efficacy.
After you create a process for monitoring the changes, begin your treatment and note your results. Think of yourself as your own personal scientist.
Too Much of a Good Thing: Knowing When to Stop
Begin with the end in mind. You should have clear answers to the following questions before you begin your treatment:
- How many cup sizes do you want to jump?
- How many inches do you want your bust line to be?
Once the answers are clear, stop using the cream when you reach the target goal.
Remember, “As big as it gets” is not a target goal.
Protect Your Health: The Three Pillars of Safety
Breast enhancement creams are much cheaper than getting a breast implant through a breast augmentation surgery. However, there are three important things you must remember, when using a breast enhancement cream:
- Solid research
- Sound medical opinion
- Diligent use
Think of them as three pillars that ensure your safety. If you ignore any one of the three pillars, the consequences can be dreadful. Adhere to these pillars, and you’ll always come out shining.