Let’s face it, relationships can be tricky for a woman. Men can be hard to understand, especially when it comes to their intentions as far what they want in a relationship with you. It would be nice too, if the so-called “bro code” was easier to decipher. Sometimes, it is even the cause of several relationship problems for women.
With relationships, we can be just as clueless as men. The feelings of love, friendship and the murky line in between means you simply can’t expect yourself to understand everything. Luckily for you, we have compiled the top relationship advice for women here to help you navigate your way around men better.
Ultimate Relationship Tips for Women When Dealing with Men
Here are some relationship tips women may want to keep in mind when dealing with men:
1. If He is Really Into You, He’s Going to Make That Slightly Obvious
When it comes to dating advice for women, this is probably the one tip you need to keep in mind when it comes to scoping out for a guy you can have a relationship with.
The truth is, a man who has more than noticed you will probably do something to let you know that he is thinking about you. If you have never personally met before, he will be the one smiling at you from across the room.
2. Don’t Assume That All Men Simply Want to Do is Play Around and Have the Time of Their Lives as Bachelors
True, there may be those who doesn’t want to get into anything serious. They prefer a casual drink and a one night stand with a woman instead of having a first date that leads to several more dates and a committed relationship.
What you have to remember is not all single men think this way. Some of them are not just looking for a good time, you can say that they are even looking for love. They are keen to meet that special woman who they can share a laugh and be with for a very long time. As almost all relationship quizzes for women would tell you, this kind of man is a keeper.
3. If He Doesn’t Like you as Much as You Like Him, You Will Also be Able Tell Right Away
If that guy across the room is not doing anything to make sure your eyes meet when you’re in the same spot, or he doesn’t turn to look at you one more time before he leaves the place, chances are he simply not into you.
It’s nothing that you did wrong, it’s probably just that the two of you don’t have chemistry. You can still try to get him to notice you, just don’t overdo it because you might only end up embarrassing yourself. No guy would find that a good thing.
4. If You Want a Man to Take Notice, Dress to Impress
Admit it, there’s a big difference between showing up to your local cafe in your pajamas and walking in while wearing something a lot more sophisticated. Every guy pays attention to what a woman is wearing and if you want to draw him in, this a good way to do it.
While you’re dressing yourself well, you may also want to keep in mind that guys who also admire women who take care of themselves. That means having a good disposition,as well as a physique. You have to remember that first connection you will ever make with this guy is visual.
Because he is a man, we also cannot deny that he will look certain parts of you as he would in any female he is into. Chances are, these would include your eyes, smile, hair, legs and breasts.
When it comes to breasts, not every woman feels they were born with a pair they can be proud of, but thankfully, there are supplements like Total Curve that enhance and tone your breasts naturally so you never have to turn to dangerous plastic surgery just to make yourself look better.
5. Look For More Than a Physical Connection
Sure, having hot and exciting sex may sound great the first time. In the end though, you may find your chemistry with this guy simply losing steam. Go with someone who doesn’t just attract you visually, but stimulates you mentally. This way, you can look forward to having a man you can share a laugh and conversation with all the time.
6. When it Comes to Dating Your Dream Man, Try Your Best to Take it Slow
The moment you and your guy have finally started going out together, there is no need to rush to get a lot more intimate. Enjoy every stage of your relationship completely before turning up the heat between the two of you.
You don’t have to force yourself to have sex with him after a few dates if it does not feel right yet. This is perhaps, also the best relationship advice for women in their 20’s. Remember that you are still young and more options will probably open up to you in the future. Think really hard before you move too aggressively with your current boyfriend.
7. When it Comes to Your Own Happiness, It is Just as Important as Your Man’s
Just because you are now together, it doesn’t mean that his happiness should take priority over yours. That’s why there is such a thing as compromise.
Be honest with him. Tell him what makes you happy and how important it is for you to work towards your happiness. Be supportive of each other. This way, you and your man will not end up resenting each other as your relationship evolves.
8. Don’t Ever Make Him Think That He is More Important Than You Are
It’s understandable if you want to do nice things for him and even buy him nice, expensive things. When you do this so often though and at the risk of compromising what you can do for yourself, however, it readily sends the message that you view him as more important than yourself.
When this happens, your man can consciously or subconsciously start thinking the same way about you. In the end, he will just make important decisions about his life without considering how you feel about it or how it will affect you. He is thinking you won’t mind after all.
9. Don’t Leave Any Issue Between the Two of You Unsettled
The problem sometimes with couples is that they start to think that the other will realize what they are mad at without having to say anything. One of the most important relationship tips for a relationship to survive is to maintain an open and honest communication with each other.
Tell him what he did that you did not appreciate. Don’t wait for him to guess or worse, don’t wait for this issue to cause a huge fight. It always better to get everything out in the open. This way, there’s more trust between the two of you.
10. Never be Dependent on Just His Set of Friends
Even when you and your man have already moved in together, don’t think about just abandoning your friends and simply relying on his. You both need some space away from each other from time to time to keep your relationship healthy.
On some nights, he will choose to go out with his friends while you get to go out with yours. It doesn’t mean that he is not as into you as you are with him, it just means he wants to take the time to catch up with his buddies and perhaps, even brag about you a little bit to them. It would be selfish not to give him that opportunity.
11. If He Cheated On Someone to Go Out With You, That Probably Means He Will Most Likely Cheat On You, Too
A man who has already learned how to cheat may be tempted to do it again, especially when he feels that his relationship with you is not how he thought it would be.
As most women in a relationship advice forum would tell you, save yourself the heartbreak and possible embarrassment. Avoid getting into a relationship with a person who has already cheated once before.
12. Say Something When You Don’t Like How He’s Treating You
If you don’t like how he is acting towards your or around you, speak up right away before he thinks that you have no problem with what he’s been doing. Respect is one of the most important foundations of any relationship and you cannot have that if you don’t like the way he is with you.
13. Do Not Assume That All Men Know What Chivalry is All About
As much as we would like to imagine that all men were taught to hold a door open for a girl and treat her almost like royalty, we have to accept that not all men are aware of these acts that can just make a girl swoon.
You don’t have to be frustrated if the man in your life is clueless about these kinds of things. It just means that you need to tell him about and nudge him a little. You’ll see, he’ll get the hang of chivalry eventually.
14. Go For Some Excitement Between The Sheets
Just like any activity in life, things can start to feel quite boring and repetitive when have sex the same way all the time. Spice your sex life up. Get a new lingerie and surprise. Try doing some role play if you are both into it or just try a new sex position. You man will love you for being willing to try something sexy and new.
15. You Should Never Look to a Relationship to Make You Feel to Complete
True, there are such expressions as a man being the other half of a woman’s heart but that is all that it is, a declaration possibly done in the heat of the moment.
Knowing yourself and what you want in life should not to depend on any relationship. You and your man should come into the relationship feeling whole and knowing yourself from inside out. If you don’t, this might just be the start of some relationship problems for both women and men.
After knowing how to best go about dating and getting into a relationship with your dream man, it’s time to gain some skills when it comes to leaving a lasting impression on your man. One way to do this is by preparing some romantic food.
Cooking for Love: Meals That Capture Your Man’s Heart for Good
As you might already know, the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Instead of going out to a nice restaurant, how about surprising him with a romantic meal that can help keep your love for each other alive. He can even help you with the preparation or dish washing and it can be a fun activity you can regularly do together.
Here is a sample menu that is guaranteed to stir romance in the air:
Dates Stuffed with Bleu Cheese and Pecans
- Four slices of bacon
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- Three tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 ounces of plain cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- 24 pieces pitted dates
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until they are crisp. Take off the heat and transfer to a plate with paper towels to drain the excess oil. Reserve about half a teaspoon of the bacon grease in the pan.
- Using the pan you cooked the bacon in, cook the onion until it has softened. Add in the orange juice and scrape up any browned bits at the bottom of the ban. Cook until the liquid has evaporated. Transfer the onions to a bowl and leave it to cool.
- Crumble the fried bacons into the onion. Stir in the cheeses and half of the chopped pecans. Mix everything well.
- Stuff each date with a teaspoon of the cheese mixture. Top each one with the remaining pecans. Serve and enjoy.
Pan-Roasted Veal Chops and Cabernet Sauce
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Four pieces of thyme sprigs
- One garlic clove, chopped coarsely
- Four pieces 12-ounce bone-in veal rib chops
- Two cups cabernet sauvignon wine
- Two large shallots, chopped finely
- One tablespoon unsalted butter
- Two tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Two cups beef stock
- Ground pepper
- Potato puree
- Get a wide shallow dish and pour in 1/4 cup of the olive oil along with the thyme sprigs and garlic. Add in the veal chops make sure both of its sides are coated by the mixture. Let this marinade in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, combine the wine and half of the shallots in a medium saucepan. Boil them together until the wine has been reduced to half a cup. This will take about 15 minutes.
- In a smaller saucepan, melt the butter before adding the rest of the shallots. Cook this until medium heat or until the butter is golden.
- Stir in the flour before slowly whisking in the stock. Bring the mixture to a boil and keep whisking until the sauce is thickened.
- Add in the reduced wine and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat while whisking. Strain this sauce and season with some salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 325°. Heat up the remaining oil in a large skillet. Remove the veal chops from the marinade and add them to the skillet.
- Cook over high heat until the outside is a nice rich brown, about three minutes.
- Transfer the skillet with the veal to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes, turning them once when it is halfway through the cooking time. You should have veal chops that are juicy and pink at the center.
- To plate, spoon the sauce over the chops and serve them with some potato puree.
Red Velvet Cake in a Mug
- One large egg
- Three tablespoons vegetable oil
- One teaspoon liquid red food coloring
- Three tablespoons buttermilk
- Two tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Two tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cider, white or white wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and oil.
- Stir in the food coloring, vanilla, sugar and buttermilk.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, vinegar and salt to the mixture.
- Beat the batter until it is smooth.
- Divide the batter between two mugs.
- Microwave them separately for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until the cakes are firm and have risen.
Make this meal for your man and he will surely love you more than he ever has before. Then again, there are some relationship issues that a nice, romantic meal can fix. For these, you may want to turn to an unlikely source. In other words, you may want to seek relationship tips for women from men.
When It Comes to Dating, Men Have Some Relationship Advice for Women, Too
You may not be aware of it, but some men have just been in enough relationships with women to understand that women take to dating differently than they do. This is why they have decided to list down some relationship advice for women from men. Here are some that may come as a surprise to you:
- Guys like it when women make the first move in bed. When it comes to sex and intimacy, men enjoy feeling like their women are all over them. It turns them on to see their woman get on top and take charge. The best part about doing this, it makes woman feel more empowered too.
- You should not get upset if he doesn’t return your call or text right away. Of course, you are important to his life. When work beckons, however, you have to realize that it is sometimes almost impossible for your man to step out of a meeting or a critical operation just because he wants to talk to you. He is also trying to avoid appearing overeager around you.
- He may enjoy spending a lot of time with you, but he still needs time with his guy friends, too. No, you are not being cheated on. Your guy just needs to have some man time with his buddies whether it’s to have a few drinks together at a local bar or play some basketball. Your man likes to still be able to have check in with his friends even if he’s already in a serious relationship with you. Use the time to hang out with your own friends too.
- You don’t have to bring yourself down around your man. If you have a special skill or talent, your man wants to know all about it. A woman being good at something can get a man to fall in love with his girlfriend even more. Don’t be surprised if he brags about it to his friends, too.
- You don’t have to pretend that you like something just because your man likes it. As most marriage advice for women would say, don’t pretend to like something that your man is into, especially when you already have a family together. He will assume that you are indeed into it and try to force to even join him in the activity. Make it clear that you don’t enjoy it. He won’t be offended and he’ll respect that you are honest enough to let him know.
As you must know, men can be hard to read. This is why you need a number of pieces of relationship advice for women to help you face the challenges of dating men a lot better. Figure out what works best in your situation and see where your relationship goes. Most of all, be true to yourself and let your man know what you want – and what you don’t – in your relationship.